- Developing and assisting in the maintenance of the Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management System.
- Participating in audit systems and management systems.
- Ensuring regular site inspections, site inductions, toolbox talks are carried out. Recording audits and accident/incident investigations as necessary.
- Working with contracts manager, office staff and site teams to ensure that site documentation is relevant, timely and accurate.
- Facilitate training matrixes, developing & recording training requirements.
- Support further development and design improvements to our existing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management documentation and systems.
- Review and update handbooks and policies.
- Review and update safe systems of work, method statements and risk assessments.
- Helping reduce the number of Health & Safety incidents to zero accidents.
- Management of the joint Health & Safety committee.
- Assisting Management team as needed with any additional tasks.
QUALIFICATION/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- At least five years in a similar Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management role within the Construction sector.
- Broad understanding of Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Managements legislation and codes of practice.
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Certification in any the following would be an asset:
CHSC – Certified Health and Safety Consultant
CSRP – Canadian Registered Safety Professional
CSO – Construction Safety Officer
NCSO – National Construction Safety Officer
- General Construction, Management or Trade experience an asset.
We express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com